Double-page Spread and Contents- templates

Today I'm going to be posting various templates that I've changed and the reasons for it.
This was the original template I essentially was going for based on my previous blog post, I decided to add the checker because It felt like it gave it a retro/vintage vibe that I'm going for in my edition of the magazine. My team and I decided all our numbers would be formatted similarly to give the magazines cohesion, although it seemed to bare in my opinion.
Then after much deliberation, I came to the conclusion that the checkers are distracting and take away from my photograph instead on enhancing it, therefore I took them out. Another adjustment I made was to space the table of contents differently in order to reduce the awkward positioning that I had before. 
Originally, this template seemed dynamic and interesting but after placing the photograph it was just an awkward angle and wasn't aesthetically pleasing which is one of the biggest components of my magazine since after all it's called "aesthetics".
I started playing with the spacing I still wanted to have the grass somewhere but I didn't want it overtaking the content within, therefore I used it as a border in both pages I thought this actually enhanced the content instead of taking aways from it. The two pictures I used to displays the photographs I took of  Shannons Instagram and flowers which I edited through photoshop (shown in the last post). I wanted the title to be bold, simple, feminine and simple which I believe I achieved the interview I kept simple and easy to follow to tone down the variety in the page. I'm going to speak to my teammates to get a progress report, for now, I'm liking how it's turning out for far.


Comments